School Health Nurse
- Information and support to students (and their families) to help them make informed decisions about their health, wellbeing and development.
- School-based immunisation programs.
- Providing a first point of contact for health care for students.
- Referral to other health professionals if required.
- Working with teachers to support health education sessions.
- Student health and wellbeing programs.
- Health assessments for vision, hearing and development, if required.
- Helping school staff and parents develop health care plans for students with special needs (such as chronic disease, physical disability or other complex health conditions).
- Parenting advice.